Every public official and employee shall observe the following as standards of personal conduct in the discharge and execution of official duties:
1. Commitment to public interest – Always uphold the public interest over personal interest. Avoid wastage in public funds and revenues. Ensure that government resources and powers are employed and used efficiently, effectively, honestly and economically.
2. Professionalism – Perform and discharge your duties with the highest degree of excellence, professionalism, intelligence and skill. Enter public service with utmost devotion and dedication to duty. Discourage wrong perception of your role as dispenser or peddler of undue patronage.
3. Justness and sincerity – Remain true to the people at all times. Act with justness and sincerity, and do not discriminate against anyone, especially the poor and the underprivileged. Refrain from doing acts contrary to law, good morals, good customs, public policy, pubic order, public safety and public interest. Do not dispense or extend undue favors on account of your office to your relatives, whether by consanguinity or affinity, except with respect to appointments of such relatives to positions considered strictly confidential or as members of your personal staff whose terms are coterminous with yours.
4. Political neutrality – Provide service to everyone without unfair discrimination regardless of party affiliation or preference.
5. Responsiveness to the public – Extend prompt, courteous, and adequate service to the public. Unless otherwise provided by law or hen required by the public interest, you shall provide information on your policies and procedures in clear and understandable language, ensure openness of information, public consultations and hearings whenever appropriate, encourage suggestions, simplify and systematize policy, rules and procedures, avoid red tape and develop an understanding and appreciation of the socio-economic conditions prevailing in the country, especially in the depressed rural and urban areas.
6. Nationalism and patriotism – always be loyal to the Republic and o the Filipino people, promote the use of locally produced goods, resources and technology and encourage appreciation and pride of country and people. Endeavor to maintain and defend Philippine sovereignty against foreign intrusion.
7. Commitment to democracy – Commit yourself to the democratic way of life and values. Maintain the principle of public accountability and manifest by deeds the supremacy of civilian authority over the military. Always uphold the constitution and put loyalty to country above loyalty to persons or party.
8. Simple living – You and your family shall lead modest lives appropriate to your positions and income. Do not indulge in extravagant or ostentatious display of wealth in any form.